AIA Tampa Bay Job Board
EMPLOYERS - Listings are $50 for Members and $100 for Non Members Per position and will be posted for 90 days.
Please forward your ad by email, ready to post in a format similar to the current job listings. Jobs will be posted for 90 days and then deleted. Due to space limitations, ads are limited to 2 paragraphs and must be no more then 250 words. Longer ads will be modified by the webmaster if necessary.
Click Here To Pay For Your Employment Listing
JOB SEEKERS - The Chapter keeps resumes on file for employers who inquire. Please send an Electronic version of your resume in Word or PDF format, titled with your last name and type of job you are seeking, (ex. jones_draftsperson, jones_architect, jones_intern3, etc.) Resumes will only be accepted in electronic format, by email to Eli@AIATampaBay.Com or by mail on disk. (AIATB 1315, E. 7th Ave., Suite 105, Tampa, FL 33605)
ALSO SEE AIA NATIONAL'S JOB SITE FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Collapse All | Expand All
Architect / Project Manager | Bacon Group, Inc.
SEEKING PROJECT ARCHITECT AND A SUMMER INTERN
PROJECT ARCHITECT/PROJECT MANAGER
BGI is seeking a full-time production architect with strong technical and leadership skills and demonstrated experience in commercial and/or municipal and county government design projects. The successful applicant must work in a team to execute project designs, produce high quality production documents, and meet deadlines and production budgets. Applicants must demonstrate experience with schematic design drawings, design development drawings and construction document drawings and specifications. This position is also responsible for local and out-of-state consultant coordination on projects. Overnight travel may be required on occasion. Full-time position with benefits.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD /Architecture desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketch-up, and InDesign graphic software.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- FL Licensed (or eligible) Architect with of 5 years’ progressive project management experience.
- Un-licensed candidates will also be considered who can demonstrate equivalent time practicing architecture with a high level of responsibility.
ARCHITECT SUMMER INTERN
BGI is seeking a summer architectural intern to work with us on projects spanning from programming and schematic design to construction documents and construction administration. The position will be 2-3 months of full-time work within the preferred hours of 8AM to 5PM, M-F; however, we are flexible.
Responsibilities / Examples Work to Perform
- AutoCAD / REVIT production documents
- Conceptual plan and elevation renderings
- 3-D modeling and drafting
- Design and production document coordination with other architects, consultants and vendors
- Code and product research
- Upper level or graduate level design student preferred
- Proficiency in latest version of AutoCAD and general understanding of REVIT and modeling capabilities
- Proficiency in Photoshop; InDesign a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules and follow directions from others
- Ability to work in groups and as collaborative team member
Bacon Group, Inc. is located in Clearwater, FL, with a national practice in the design of animal care facilities. Please send a cover letter, resume, references and portfolio in PDF format (5 MB max) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Rick@bgarchitects.com. Please no phone inquiries.
Architectural Associate | EMPAD Architecture
Architectural Associate / EMPAD Architecture
EMPAD Architecture is seeking an Intern Associate to join our team in Clearwater, FL in a full or part time capacity. We are seeking candidates with experience working with an architectural firm and experience with Autocad and Revit. Candidates will be working with Project Architects performing a variety of tasks including schematic design, developing construction documents and presentation materials including color renderings.
EMPAD Architecture is a small to mid-size Architectural firm founded in 2003 and located conveniently in the Feather Sound area of Clearwater, FL. Our firm works mainly throughout Florida but also on projects throughout other areas of the United States. Our office is actively involved in the local AIA chapter, numerous organizations, clubs, business community and social events. We have a great office culture where we live by the work hard / play hard way of thinking.
Applicants that would enjoy working & learning in a beautiful, fun, and laid-back and collaborative team office should email resumes to
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Various Openings | Design Styles Architecture
Title: Various Openings | Design Styles Architecture
Design Styles Architecture (DSA) started in 1998 in a small house on clearwater beach. Today DSA has completed over 1,000 projects ranging from dog houses to Hotels and High-Rise Apartment buildings. We are a very diverse firm with project types centered around Single-Family Homes, Multi-family homes, Educational facilities, and various Hospitality and Commercial project types.
DSA practices open book management, your career growth is our top priority. Break the mold of a typical corporate firm, develop new skills, gain valuable experiences, be involved in the entire process. Join the Team, push your Career to the next step, Apply for a job at Design Styles Architecture!
Sr. CAD Technician / Architectural Design Associate (Commercial)
Sr. CAD Technician / Architectural Design Associate (Single Family Homes)
Project Architect / Project Manager (Education)
Project Manager/ Project Architect (Multi-Family / Mixed Use Development)
Luxury Home Architectural Designer / Project Manager
Project Architect | Spring Engineering, Inc.
Contact: Maureen Rainey
Contact Phone: 404-881-8370 / 727-938-1516
Company: Spring Engineering, Inc.
President: Richard M. Bekesh AIA
Billing Address: 3014 US Hwy 19, Holiday, FL 34691
Spring Engineering, Inc., a multi-disciplinary architecture-engineering firm, is seeking an architect to join our Holiday office team.
Designing Without Limits - At Spring Engineering, our architects are always innovating. Our intent is to inspire our clients with our understanding of the way designs, shapes, and colors can interact with each other in one space. Our goal is to design facilities and sites that properly accommodate people and their daily activities with texture, warmth and grace. Our project decisions focus on what will best meet the real-world needs of a building’s occupants. Throughout the Architecture process, we help our clients to envision their design ideas by creating life-like renderings and high-quality presentation boards, generated through our sophisticated design software.
Spring Engineering, Inc is a multidisciplinary firm comprised of Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Civil, and Structural Engineering. Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic and knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies.
Construction, Architecture, Land Planning, and Civil Engineering
Responsible for daily design, technical development and project management for multiple projects simultaneously
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
- Includes but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of 2D and 3D design materials
- Development of solutions to technical and design problems
- Working independently to develop production drawings
- Reviewing project documents and coordinates with other design disciplines
- Providing construction administration consisting of shop drawing reviews, material submittals, and onsite inspections
- Ability to work effectively with municipalities for permitting projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S. / B.Arch.) or Master's Degree (M. Arch.) from a four-year college or university
- RA License preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-UP and Photoshop
- Certifications and Licenses/Registrations a plus
- Experience with Commercial, Institutional, Automotive Facility, and Complex Building Types projects preferred
- Proficiency to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to make effective & persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and public groups
- Capability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action
Compensation commensurate with education and experience
Comprehensive benefit package
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements in a PDF attachment
Please type “Architect/Project Architect” in the subject line of the email
Job Type: Full-time
We offer generous benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
Project Coordinator | Victor Prebor 3 Architecture, LLC.
We are a fast growing young firm with extensive experience and an award winning background. We offer a great opportunity for creative individuals to grow both professionally and intellectually. Individuals will be exposed to all levels of the profession with ample opportunities to obtaining relevant IDP experience necessary for licensure. Our studio is fast paced, flexible and informal, located in a professional urban environment in Lakeland’s downtown core. Victor Prebor 3 Architecture, LLC. is seeking a fulltime Project Coordinator to work in our Lakeland office.
Duties and Essential Skills
• 5+ years of experience in an Architectural Office.
• Ability to collaborate with Project Architect, consultants and clients.
• Must have excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to prepare, modify and produce a full set of construction documents with limited supervision.
• Possess the ability to navigate Building Codes.
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction with minimal guidance.
• Must be detail oriented, quality conscious, reliable and self-motivated.
• Implement & utilize office CAD standards.
• AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Suite experience preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Project Manager | EMPAD Architecture
Project Manager / EMPAD Architecture
EMPAD Architecture is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Clearwater, FL. We are seeking candidates with minimum 4 years experience working with an architectural firm and also individuals with expertise in Autocad and Revit that are self-driven, detail oriented individuals, that enjoy working in a laid back and collaborative team atmosphere. Candidates will be responsible for participating in all project phases from initial client meetings and programming to construction documents and construction administration. Candidates should have a broad range of experience in Retail, Medical, Corporate Office, Multi- Family and Mixed-Use sectors. Individuals should enjoy working autonomously as well as on teams, and excel at seeing a project from start to finish while managing production of multiple projects.Candidates should also be comfortable working with the following programs: AutoCad, Revit, Adobe Photoshop.
EMPAD Architecture is a small to mid-size Architectural firm founded in 2003 and located conveniently in the Feather Sound area of Clearwater, FL. Our firm works mainly throughout Florida with projects as far West as Arizona and as far North as New Jersey. Our office is actively involved in the local AIA chapter, numerous organizations, clubs, business community and social events. We have a great office culture where we live by the work hard / play hard way of thinking; which is illustrated in our Friday Happy Hours and involvement in the Architectural & Building community events.
Applicants that would enjoy working & learning in a beautiful, fun, and laid-back office should email resumes to
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Architectural CAD Specialist | Furr & Wegman Architects, P.A.
Architectural CAD Specialist
Furr & Wegman Architects, P.A. is seeking fulltime or part-time Architectural CAD Specialists (AutoCad) to work in our Lakeland and/or Wesley Chapel offices under the supervision of a Project Manager(s). Furr & Wegman has been servicing our local communities for more than 20 years and has recently expanded to service the needs of the North Tampa Bay region. Our diverse portfolio includes public and private work, with a focus towards projects that are important to our local communities. Applicants should enjoy a fast-paced, creative and highly collaborative work environment.
• Communicate and collaborate with a design team to create quality drawings that meet
project milestones and deliverables.
• Provide support to Project Manager(s) on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Maintain communication with Project Manager(s) on project status.
• Field measure and accurately document existing conditions.
• Research building codes and incorporate into technical documents.
Skills and Experience:
• Must possess the ability to read and interpret drawings & sketches.
• Ability to accurately produce a full set of construction documents.
• Self-starter, motivated with ability to start and finish projects on time.
• Must be highly detail oriented and have the ability to solve problems with little guidance.
• Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple Project Managers simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Implement & utilize office CAD standards.
- 2+ years of experience in AutoCAD (2015 or later).
- Revit experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Architect | PLACE Architecture
PLACE Architecture seeks Graduate Architect
PLACE is a St. Petersburg, Florida based design firm developing new ideas within the fields of architecture, interiors, and urbanism. We are in need of a skilled designer that will assist in the design and production of multifamily, mixed-use and commercial projects. They must have the ability to move a project forward from conceptual design through construction documents.
Duties and Essential skills
• report to the Principal-in-Charge and Project Manager
• communicate with project team
• strong conceptual and design skills
• 3d modeling to develop conceptual ideas and plans created by project team
• build models and prepare project boards for client/project team review
• prepare and modify architectural plans, elevations, sections, details, etc.
as directed by others
• self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
• great interpersonal communication skills
• AutoCAD 2019 or higher, Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office
• 3d D Max, V-Ray, Maxwell, Rhino or similar rendering suite
• professional degree in architecture required
• architectural registration not required (working towards registration is a plus)
• minimum 1-3 years of experience as a graduate architect or intern at established firm/design studio
Please send your Resume and portfolio as a PDF (no larger than 5MB) to email@example.com
Re: Grad Architect /Your Last Name
Architectural Designer | PBA Design Group Inc
Architectural Designer / Architect:PBA Design Group Inc. is a unique Tampa architectural firm seeking a technically proficient a self-motivated Architectural Designer or Architect to be part of a successfully growing team. Currently we specialize in building envelope design and construction administration in a multitude of markets including K-12 education, government, healthcare, religious, transportation, and general commercial. We are looking for talent to expand our architectural services in these markets and many more. PBA is involved with many varied and interesting projects and this position will be involved with many aspects of design, construction documentation, and construction administration.Requirements:•Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction documentation•Proficient in AutoCad and Revit•Capability of acquiring State of Florida Architectural license a plusPlease send resume’s to:Jimmy BeckhamPBA Design Group, Inc.2742 Jason Street, Tampa, FL 33619(813) firstname.lastname@example.org
Architectural Designer (Intern/ Associate) | BFrank Studio
BFrank Studio,LLC is an architectural design practice located in Tampa and strategically focused on civic, commercial and institutional projects. Our studio is growing and we are inviting creative, engaging and initiative driven individuals to submit qualifications to join our team. The following position is open:
Architectural Designer (Intern/ Associate) with a 5-year Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree from an accredited university and a minimum of three years experience in architectural practice who have the minimum qualifications may send their resume and portfolio to the attention of Beverly Frank,email@example.com and Steve Carpenter, firstname.lastname@example.org :
Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel), AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and InDesign; Lumion, Sketch-up and Illustrator proficiency are a plus but not required
Demonstrated experience to produce construction documents
Willingness to learn and multi-task across the many aspects of a small architectural practice
Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills; rendering abilities are preferred
Organizational and time management proficiency and ability to work equally well independently or collaboratively is a necessity
A self-motivated individual with good work ethic and good judgement is strongly desired
Project Coordinator | Sharp Design Studio
At Sharp Design Studio, we believe that success starts with having the right people -- those who have the right attitude and aptitude. We seek out goal-oriented professionals who are creators, leaders and pioneers. Immediate opening available for aProject Coordinatorin our Tampa, FL location.
- Communicate with the client on new project requests, develop clear objectives, and establish/maintain project schedules.
- Coordinate with the team and management on the creation of complete sets of construction documents from SD to CDs.
- Oversee in progress quality reviews on all drawings to confirm accuracy and compliance with documented standards and government codes.
- Manage the Plan Change process for all master and lot specific plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organization skills - ability to arrange information and files in a useful manner. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of current local building codes and construction techniques is a must (multi-state knowledge is a plus!).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a non-smoker.
- Required Minimum Associate's degree (A.A.) in drafting, architecture, or equivalent from a two-year college.
- 5+ years production experience in AutoCAD Architecture required; using advanced functions including 3-D drafting, BIM Modeling, XRef's, Palettes, and Design Center.
- 3+ years of experience in Revit and BIM modeling a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in architectural drafting with general construction knowledge and ability to interpret blueprints and specifications.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package that includes 401K, health care, paid vacations and holidays.
Project Architect | Wannemacher Jensen Architects
Wannemacher Jensen Architects, Inc. is seeking exceptional Architects/Designers for a collaborative design studio environment in St. Petersburg, FL. WJArchitectsis a progressive award winning design firm with Architecture/Interiors/Entertainment Lighting and a full construction management arm. Many of our projects are delivered by Architect Led Design Build. Please see our website regarding the quality and diversity of our portfoliowww.wjarc.com. Project architects are expected to be well rounded following projects from design through construction administration. We invest in our people and their professional development. Considered applicants must have:
- 5 years of professional work experience
- Experience with ground up design / construction on institutional commercial and cultural building types. We have a diverse portfolio.
- Capable of preparing detailed construction documents with minimal supervision
- Experience with consultant coordination
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a collaborative disposition,
- Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suites is preferred. AutoCad is preferred. Grasshopper programming is encouraged.
- Licensed preferred but not required
- Proficient in Revit
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Please do not apply if you do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
Please include salary expectations and availability. We provide Health care, 401K, competitive bonuses and professional development.
Please submit PDFs of your cover letter, CV, references, and works samples to Jason Jensen email@example.com& firstname.lastname@example.org
WJArchitects License No: AA0002277
Intern / Graduate Architect | Mesh Architecture
Mesh Architecture is a collaborative, design-oriented studio seeking a motivated and creative individual to join our team as an architectural intern / graduate architect to work on diverse array of projects. Individuals will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks including generating design concepts, preparing architectural plans and presentations, renderings and observing/surveying architectural features in the field.
Successful candidates shall possess:
- Professional architectural degree or in the process of obtaining
- Previous architectural office experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fast learner, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Proficient with the following computer software: AutoCAD and Sketch-Up, along with Adobe Creative Suite programs, Microsoft Office Suite and ideally have some knowledge of an architectural rendering program
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and a PDF portfolio to email@example.com , email subject line: Intern/Graduate Architect - [your last name]