AIA Tampa Bay Job Board
EMPLOYERS - Listings are $50 for Members and $100 for Non Members Per position and will be posted for 90 days.
Please forward your ad by email, ready to post in a format similar to the current job listings. Jobs will be posted for 90 days and then deleted. Due to space limitations, ads are limited to 2 paragraphs and must be no more then 250 words. Longer ads will be modified by the webmaster if necessary.
Click Here To Pay For Your Employment Listing
JOB SEEKERS - The Chapter keeps resumes on file for employers who inquire. Please send an Electronic version of your resume in Word or PDF format, titled with your last name and type of job you are seeking, (ex. jones_draftsperson, jones_architect, jones_intern3, etc.) Resumes will only be accepted in electronic format, by email or by mail on disk. (AIATB 1315, E. 7th Ave., Suite 105, Tampa, FL 33605)
ALSO SEE AIA NATIONAL'S JOB SITE FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Collapse All | Expand All
Project Manager | MESH Architecture
Mesh is a St. Petersburg, Florida based group of architects and designers developing new ideas within the fields of architecture, interiors, urbanism, research and development. Mesh is in need of a Project Manager that will assist in the production and coordination of multifamily, hospitality and commercial projects. Jobsite and Construction Administration experience across multiple construction and project types is needed. Projects include renovation and new construction work.
Duties and Essential skills:
• reporting to the Principal-in-Charge and Studio Director
• must also have the ability to move a project forward from conceptual design through construction administration as needed and manage a team of 1-3 people
• prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. either directly or asalead of a team
• log, review and coordinate responses to RFI's, Submittals and Change Orders
• strong knowledge of Commercial and Residential Building Code
• ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
• client management & project coordination skills (effective communication with client & consultant team is a high priority)
• ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
• must be detail oriented, organized, and reliable
• interact and brainstorm with designers, consultants and contractors
• travel to local job sites needed. Pinellas/Hillsborough and surrounding counties
• AutoCAD 2017 or higher, Microsoft Office
• Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Suite
• professional degree in architecture required
• architectural registration preferred
• minimum 5-15 years of architectural experience as a project manager or architect at established firm/design studio
Please send your CV and portfolio as PDF (no larger than 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Project Manager/Your Last Name
Architectural Production | api(+)
architectural production api(+) is seeking applicants who specialize in architectural production and have Revit expertise to join our retail design teams in our Tampa office. The ideal candidate has a strong design sense, and retail and hospitality experience. Experience with food retail rollout and retail center projects is required. Architectural registration is preferred but not required. The position requires strong coordination, design development and construction administration skills. Applicants must have the ability to produce first quality construction drawings and specifications.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Producing code compliant architectural construction documents
Implementing documentation standards
Coordinating with consultants and vendors
Ensuring design and documentation clarity and completeness
Client relations and staff coordination
5+ years experience preferred Revit expertise required
Strong design sense and quality experience
Store design, retail center and hospitality experience preferred A degree in architecture is preferred
Strong detailing capabilities for both new and renovation projects
Successful track record coordinating with clients, consultants, contractors and peers
Exceptional written and oral communication, organizational and time management skills
Proven leadership and teamwork capabilities
Strong critical thinking skills and judgement
The ideal candidate is proactive, energetic, polished and professional
Ready to join a winning retail design team? Send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to Juliette Lauer at email@example.com
Ryan Companies | A+E / Southeast Region
Ryan Companies US, Inc. Director of Architecture Tampa, FL Company Info: With nearly 80 years in business and 13 offices nationwide, Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions that create the spaces where people thrive. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. Ryan: We build stories.
Job Description: Ryan has a career opportunity for an individual to lead the efforts of the A+E department in our Southeast Region. The position will be located in our Tampa, Florida office. This individual will act like a principal in a traditional firm, and be responsible for the overall project success of multiple projects, from pursuit through turnover. We believe that candidates with 15 years plus of collaborative industry experience are most likely to be successful, but exceptions will be made for those candidates that display a clear potential to lead.
Vision: Architecture and Engineering are a critical component for Ryan to deliver integrated and creative real estate solutions. There is a proven track record that Architecture and Engineering within Ryan Companies has improved the viability and success of our business. We work as one team, with one set of goals, one contract, and less barriers. Our mission is Building Lasting Relationships. We focus on a unique lifecycle approach that forces us to look beyond simply building buildings. We strive to balance the often conflicting factors that drive our businesses and achieve results that are better because of this balance. Core Responsibilities: The Director of Architecture will collaborate in an integrated delivery process that is unique to Ryan. This process generally includes Ryan project teams consisting of architects, real estate developers, builders, and property managers. Core responsibilities include establishing and building the Ryan’s A+E presence in Region, winning new business, leading/managing architectural communications with our clients, leading the design process, supervising the work of a staff of architects and technicians both located in the region and in other regional offices, negotiating and managing contracts and finances, and developing lasting business relationships.
Skillsets: Successful candidates will also demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Excellent presentation, organization, and communication skill sets
• Proven experience leading overall design efforts
• The ability to make decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
• Creativity, foresight, and mature architectural judgment in anticipating and solving problems, both design and technical in nature, from programming through construction administration.
• Ability to collaborate
• Experience in the design of corporate office core & shell and interior design, light industrial/distribution buildings, and/or medical office buildings will be considered as the basis for the position,
• Experience in multi-family and senior living projects will be considered secondarily.
Ryan’s goal is to design one-third of the buildings we build, which translates into approximately $75M in annual project value. We intend to impact another third of the work through supporting services. We will target industrial, office, mixed-use, healthcare, and senior/multi-family housing projects. The majority of Ryan’s A+E current staff is located in Minneapolis and will be available to support the regional team on a project by project basis. As the regional presence grows it is anticipated that the staff will also grow under the leadership of the Director. The Director should anticipate partnering with other local or national design firms and with the Minneapolis teams when partnership is deemed to be the best approach. At the outset, the regional staff will include one to two architects and potentially a civil engineer that will both report to the Director.
Professional degree in Architecture and Architectural registration is required. Compensation will range based on individual level of experience and expertise. Position will include travel to Minneapolis on a bi-monthly basis for the first year of employment. Follow this link to Ryan Companies US, Inc. website to apply: https://ryancompanies.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=524
Intern Architects | Renker Eich Parks Architects
Seeking Intermediate Intern Architects
Renker Eich Parks Architects (REP) is seeking full time intern architects within our St. Petersburg office. Candidate must possess 3-5 years of intermediate professional experience and the following qualifications and skillsets:
- M.Arch or B. Arch
- Strong proficiency with Revit and production drawings (required)
- Strong proficiency with Abobe Photoshop (required)
- 3D Rendered Drawings (required)
- Adobe InDesign (suggested)
- Project Management (suggested)
- 3D Printing and Model Building knowledge (suggested)
REP offers a creative environment where professional growth is encouraged. This opportunity is accompanied by company paid healthcare, paid vacation time, sick time, and time and a half for all overtime work.
Candidates area asked to submit on complete PDF with cover letter, resume, and up to a total of 3 pages of design project examples no larger than 4mb.
E-mail resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Sergio DeSanto, AIA
Owner’s Rep Project Manager | InVision Advisors
Work on the Owner’s side with a variety of projects from initial concept to move in as an Owner’s Representative. Get involved with issues that go beyond just building and work with some of Tampa’s most exciting non-profits, developers, architects and contractors. Why work for one architecture firm when you can work with 20?
Position: Owner’s Representative Project Manager. 10 years in architecture and degree preferred, license is a plus. Must be self-starting and organized to manage multiple tasks across multiple projects yet humble enough to take out your own trash. Confidence to lead meetings and solve problems. Architectural forensics and detailing a plus. Construction and field knowledge, ability to schedule and sensibility of construction costs.
InVision is a local Owner’s Rep firm, recently completing the Bryan Glazer Family JCC, Fords Garage Restaurant, Tampa Theatre Renovations and several new projects in Ybor City. We manage 20-30 projects at a time, commercial and residential, and are located on 7th Ave in Ybor city. Contact Jonathan Moore at email@example.com.
Communications and Administrative Coordinator | AIA Tampa Bay
The American Institute of Architects is the professional association for architects and those in the architecture field. AIA Tampa Bay is the regional chapter representing approx. 600 members in west Central Florida. AIA Tampa Bay provides programs and services including educational programs, design competitions, community service programs and serves as the united voice of the architecture profession. Our headquarters is the new Center for Architecture and Design in historic Ybor City.
The American Institute of Architects, Tampa Bay chapter (AIA Tampa Bay) has an opening for a Communications and Administrative Coordinator to assist with day to day administrative tasks, customer service, retail sales, events, meetings, membership support, as well as chapter communications including maintaining the chapter website and database, social media posts, e-newsletter, flyers and promotional materials.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and executing events and meetings.
- Create flyers, weekly e-newsletter, publish posts on social media
- Update website and website calendar, create registration forms
- Assist members and customers as needed - answer phones, greet Center visitors
- Maintain inventory of contract documents and fulfill customer orders
- Manage the chapter’s lending library
- File forms on behalf of chapter for continuing education programs
- Coordinate sponsorships, as needed, by collaborating with Executive Director
- May serve as committee liaison as assigned by executive director
- Any other duties as needed in a small staff office setting
- Occasional onsite attendance at events in the evening and on weekends is required.
This position is based in our Ybor City headquarters located at 1315 East 7th Avenue, Ste. 105 Tampa, FL 33605.
- College degree with a concentration in Communications is preferred.
Experience and Required Skills
- At least one year of experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as Social Media applications and Google applications. Working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to design promo materials (flyers, ads, etc.)
- Excellent written, oral, and organization skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and energetic.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle change easily.
- Work well in a team environment while also being able to work independently.
- Ability to attend events and conferences outside of standard work hours.
- Driver’s license and automobile
- Professionalism and confidentiality
Submit your resume, cover letter and any relevant work samples to Dawn Mages, CAE, Executive Director by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Team Member | SOL Design Studio, LLC.
SOl Design Studio is seeking a full-time unlicensed Master’s Architecture Graduate from an accredited university with 3 to 6 year’s commercial architectural experience. In this position, you will be working under the supervision of the firm’s Principal Architect.
You will be responsible for creating accurate, complete plans and drawings from rough and detailed sketches, plus, modifying architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by the Principal Architect.
The position is located at our office in Ybor City Tampa, FL. Tampa Bay area residency required. For more information about us, visit our website at SOl-DesignStudio.com.
- Ability to critically analyze a design problem and create a design solution.
- Prepare designs and plans using AutoCAD or Sketch-up with minimal supervision
- Technical design – able to research and solve technical solutions using code and reference books
- Ability to Cut Wall Sections and some experience detailing wall, window, and door sections. Roof detailing experience a bonus.
- Verify material selection is accurate to project
- Prepare design for client review
- Construction Document creation and completion experience.
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Suites
Please send resume, visual examples, and level of proficiency in the indicated software to email@example.com. No phone calls. Any questions please email.
Senior Engineer | City of Largo
City of Largo Program Engineer - Senior Engineer We seek a licensed, experienced senior level Professional Engineer (PE) with supervisory experience to provide best practice design, project management and team leadership for City transportation, stormwater and sanitary sewer utility projects. This position will have a strong emphasis on construction management. The successful candidate will have current State of Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License, bachelors degree in Engineering with at least 4 years directly related engineering experience in a project management capacity with a minimum of one year of supervisory or project team leader experience. Providing the Largo community with superior services in a welcoming and informative manner is our goal. When you decide that you are ready to propel your career to the next level and want to have an immediate impact on improving the Largo community, consider becoming part of our team!
For more information and job description, please go to: www.largo.com/jobs The City of Largo – Naturally A Great Place to Work!
Administrative Assistant/Accounting Assistant | FleischmanGarcia Architecture
Administrative Assistant / Accounting Assistant Prominent Tampa architectural firm seeking exceptional Administrative Assistant with accounting background. Must have professional demeanor, be organized, detail oriented, and have strong computer skills. Professional experience in an architectural environment preferred. Will work closely with company principals, finance manager, and with office staff. This is a full-time position. Must be able to work from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday Primary duties include, but are not limited to: Administrative support to principals, finance manager, and back-up to receptionist. Experience in word processing, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with Vision accounting system a plus, as back-up to finance manager. Benefits include medical, 401K, paid time-off and paid holidays. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email only, resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthcare Architect | Flad Architects
- Focus on technical planning and execution of projects frominception through completion.
- Prepare construction documents, develop technical solutions andwork directly with clients and consultants.
- Responsible for the organization of design and team members to complete design and construction documents on schedule and within budget.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the specification component of the contract documents and how it interrelates with the construction process.
- Prepare presentation materials such as drawings and models. Present ideas and solutions to clients through well-developed presentation skills.
- Participate in client presentations and/or meetings.
- Must have eight or more years of experience, with five or morefocused onhealthcarefacilities.
- Broad base of experience with patient, ambulatory, diagnosticfacilities and academic medical centersrequired.
- Thorough knowledge of construction standards, documentation and detailing practices required.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketch Up required. 3D rendering software and Photoshop preferred.
- Professional degree in architecture and registration required.
- LEED AP preferred.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Qualified candidates should submit resumes via our careers page: https://external-fladarchitects.icims.com/jobs/1287/architect%2c-healthcare/job.
Architectural Associate (Experienced) | Flad Architects
Architectural Associate (Experienced)
- Responsible for preparing presentation drawings and models anddeveloping designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of aproject. Become involved in coordination for internal team members and consultants.
- Develop a project’s program into alternative conceptual design proposals.Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and development, and offer alternatives to resolve these issues.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in architecture required. Master's degree in architecture preferred.
- Two years recent and relevant architectural experience required, three or more years of experience preferred. Previous project experience in one of Flad’s market segments preferred.
- Portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in design thinking and presentation media required.
- Proficiency in Rhino or Sketch Up, and 3D rendering software required. Intermediate Revit knowledge required; have used Revit for at least two years in academic and professional settings. Expert Revit knowledge preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Power Bi, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
Only candidates who submit work samples will be considered.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Qualified candidates should submit resumes via our careers page: https://external-fladarchitects.icims.com/jobs/1285/architectural-associate-%28experienced%29/job.
Healthcare Project Architect | Flad Architects
Project Architect, Healthcare
- Responsible for leadership and coordination with project teammembers and consultants from project inception through completion.
- Assist the Project Manager in directing and managing the projectteam, mentoring staff, and representing the firm to the client.
- Deliver design-sensitive projects on schedule and within budgetwhile making authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact related to the project.
- Responsible for the technical planning and execution of theproject documents.
- Participate in client presentations and/or meetings.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum oftenyears architectural experience, with atleastfive yearsof recent Project Architect experience leading multi-disciplinary teamsand working on relevant, large-scalehealthcare-focused facilities.
- Broad base of experience with patient, ambulatory, diagnosticfacilities and academic medical centersrequired.
- Professional degree in architecture and registration required.
- AutoCAD and Revitproficiency required.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal and graphics communicationskills essential.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Qualified candidates should submit resumes via our careers page: https://external-fladarchitects.icims.com/jobs/1288/project-architect%2c-healthcare/job.
Professional Building Envelope Consultant | Construction Moisture Consulting, Inc.
PROFESSIONAL BUILDING ENVELOPE CONSULTANT Construction Moisture Consulting, Inc.
• Technical background in waterproofing, air barriers, curtain walls, window systems, elastomeric sealants, coatings, below grade waterproofing and roofing.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Florida Professional A/E Registration a plus), Structural/Civil Engineering or Building/Construction Science. Will consider direct experience in lieu of degree.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills including word processing, email, electronic file management, etc. CAD experience a plus.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, reliable and self-directed.
• Qualified Veteran candidates are encouraged to apply. Basic duties will include window, building envelope, roofing and waterproofing field evaluation/testing, moisture surveys, design/specification development, design peer reviews, forensic investigation, ASTM and AAMA testing, project management, and quality assurance inspections and quality control. Must be willing to travel. Full-time salary including reimbursable travel expenses and benefits including company subsidized (80%) health insurance for employee and IRA retirement plan. Pay rate commensurate with experience. CMC is a Tampa, Florida based company established in 1992.
Qualified candidates may email their resumes to Debra Palmer at Resumes@CMCFlorida.com. No calls please.
Project Architect | Alfonso Architects
Alfonso Architects is seeking a highly qualified Project Architect to join our team located in Ybor City in Tampa, Florida. Applicants should enjoy working in a fast-paced yet informal studio atmosphere. This opportunity is for individuals that welcome responsibility and are looking to develop their professional skills while working on great design projects.
• Participate in all project delivery processes for mid-to-large scale projects
• Collaborate with other internal and external professionals in accordance with project expectations
• Develop, document, and implement design concepts through detailing, material selections, code compliance, and quality control
• Produce high quality construction documents with a strong sensitivity to design
• Coordinate with project consultants
• Participate in all phases of project communication including project development and construction meetings.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interface with clients, employees, and consultants
• Proficiency in multiple programs including MS Office and Adobe products
• High proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop
• Medium to high proficiency with Revit
• Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and similar programs a plus
• Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited University
• 5+ years of experience in architectural detailing and documentation
• Professional registration preferred • LEED AP a plus
Please forward resume, references, work samples, and portfolio to Angel del Monte at email@example.com to be considered for this position.