Associate Membership is for unlicensed individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
1) A professional degree in architecture 2) Currently working under the supervision of an architect 3) Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working toward licensure 4) A faculty member in a university architecture program.
Membership provides benefits from all three levels of the organization:
AIA National Member Benefits
AIA Florida Member Benefits
AIA Tampa Bay Member Benefits
Click here for a new Associate Membership (not recently graduated)
Click here for a Newly Graduated Associate Membership
AIA Tampa Bay offers its members many direct benefits including programs which can provide IDP credit, valuable knowledge to pass the ARE and networking opportunities and resources to secure a job. Some of them include:
- ARE Library, Free Study Materials for Members
- ARE Classes
- Monthly membership events
- Employment resources - resume bank, AIA's Salary Survey (Don't forget to ask your new employer to pay for your AIA dues!)
- Weekly e-newsletter
- Building tours, mixers, gallery openings, film events and more...
- Honor and Design Awards progra
- Discounts on programs that have a fee.
- Opportunity to participate on committees or to be elected to the board
- Staff support with industry resources and information, just ask!